mercredi 11 novembre 2015

A sunday in November. Digital photography




October was a very intense and extraordinary time in our family. We went away for a long journey. Photography, of course, was part of the voyage (many posts to come!). Although I keep liking (and practicing) film photography, I thought it might become a bit frustrating on the occasion.
I am blessed with fantastic friends.  Among them Marc, who is not only a very talented photographer (pity he doesn’t have a web site – Marc you should do something about that!) and the happy owner of a very good digital camera, equipped with beautiful lenses, but also a kind-hearted person. While the autumn here was gorgeous in light and colours (a temptation for any photographer), he lent me his camera during these long weeks.
I now feel a bit ashamed, because, as we say in french, it was like donner de l’avoine à des cochons. There was so much to feel, so much to see, that there was no room left to explore and master the handling of an unknown camera. I did use it from time to time (mainly for “dispensable” photographs, keeping my best ones for my old and not very good – but so well known - film camera). With the result that I was a bit disappointed with my digital trials. Most of the time then, Elsa has been the user of the digital camera. With much better results.
When we came back home, I took some time to wander around our autumnal garden with Marc’s camera. I still don’t know what to think about it, I still don’t know if I like it or not, but I will share here a few series from this sunday of November with digital photography.

7 commentaires:

  1. Avant toute chose je dois dire que les photos 5 et 6 sont absolument fabuleuses - la texture, les couleurs, la lumière.
    Et je te félicite pour toutes tes photos. Oui cela doit changer de l'appareil habituel mais on peut faire des merveilles avec le numérique.
    J'ai hâte de voir les autres photos.
    Mille bises à tous!
    Kenza.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. They're so, so beautiful! You've a special feeling to take photos, in digital too...

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Dear Amelie,
    How are you? What's happened in Paris was sad. Wish you and all in France fine.
    Best wishes,
    alliot

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Dear Alliot,
      Our family and friends are all fine. Bt that's another terrible day for the world (as too many days are now, all over the world).
      Thank you for your visit and words here. I am often thinking of you and beautiful Iza.
      Much love
      Amélie

      Supprimer
    2. Dear Amelie,
      Yes, it's another miserable day for the world. I always open your page and enjoy the beautiful moments you bring to us. You remind us charism is everywhere.
      Warmest regards,
      alliot

      Supprimer
  4. A truly sad day for France, much love to you and your family and friends. Your photos as always are so delicate. I too have a passion for the skeletal remains of the hydrangea......cameras are mysterious and marvellous......but it's all about your particular eye in the end.....x

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Je pense qu'avec n'importe quel appareil tu ferais des merveilles. C'est ton regard sur les choses, que l'on aime. A bientôt.

    RépondreSupprimer