mercredi 20 avril 2011

Chinese calligraphy


Last year, before a trip to Japan, I taught Elsa a few 漢字. Lately she found images of calligraphy and calligraphers at work, wanted to do it also, and learnt the word "calligraphy".
Of course I know very little about it and don't have proper ink, paper and brushes. So she used watercolours and tried her favourite ones: 日本, , , , 竹。She went on with a few others she found in a small漢字 book for children I had bought her. However she decided that was too complicated for her yet !


4 commentaires:

  1. Elsa writes 漢字 very well!!!
    I love her writing,especially 「日本」
    Just perfect(*^_^*)
    Thank you,dear Amelie.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I will definitely buy some Chinese calligraphy books for the girls this time! And we will try with Chinese ink since we have the opportunity.
    Thanks for inspiration, dear Amelie, that is a lovely thing to do.
    Do you wish something which I can buy for you in China? (we are leaving in 15th of May). I can send parcel to you from Beijing.
    Have a good start of the week!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The 竹 is especially beautiful. You are a wonderful mom and teacher to Elsa, dear Amelie!

    RépondreSupprimer